Family in Need.....

>> Monday, August 3, 2009

I don't post much as far as personal stuff on this blog, but I received this email this morning from a friend, who some of you may have met when she has helped me photograph your session or event. When I read this email, I immediately wanted to help in any way I could. I know that times are very hard for some right now, and believe me, I am well aware of how hard it can be to cloth your own children. I am scrambling to cloth my newborn before she arrives! But I also know how those kids clothes can pile up as they quickly outgrow them. (Hence my scrambling for newborn clothing, since I gave K's away, thinking I wouldn't need it again since I was so positive I would have a boy the second time around. We now know the Perkins boys can only reproduce females...) If anyone would like to help out this family in need, please let me know. You can leave a comment on the blog or email me at laura@lauraperkinsphotography.com



'Hey everyone,

I just wanted to write you all to ask for you to pray for my friend Kristi Reese. She went into the ER last Sunday and they found a tumor on her brain behind her eye. She had been having a headache for 4 days before going to the ER. The finally did a spinal tap on Wednesday and removed fluid from her spine, to alleviate some pressure. She was released on Friday only to return to the hospital to be admitted on Sunday. The pain keeps getting worse and she has lost sight and functionality in her eye as well as blurred vision in her other eye. She's a hairdresser and has had to apply for disability as well as her drivers license is no longer valid due to them now declaring her legally blind. She is only 26 years old and a single mother with 3 extremely beautiful and loving little girls. She's very down right now not knowing how she's going to get everything she needs to get done for the girls for back to school. I have bought what I can for them but I don't have an overflow of extra, as I am sure none of us do in this economy. I was wondering if you could all either look in your daughters' closets and see if there are some good condition clothes that you wouldn't mind donating to them. Or if you don't have daughters if you know of anyone with girls that would like to donate them that would be great. I seriously don't want to bother you all or feel like I'm taking advantage of my friends but I know that the friends and family that I have are the most awesome so I think you know me and I wouldn't dare try to offend any of you (on purpose no, sometimes my mouth does it for me unbeknown-est to me..haha).

Please keep her and her little girls in your prayers they need all the prayer they can get right now. Kristi, Kati, Kallie, and Kelsie Reese. I have listed sizes below if you can possibly help.

Kati - size 14-16 (girls)
shoe 4

Kallie - sizes 6-6x
shoe 12

Kelsie - sizes 4 xs
shoe 11

Thanks

0 comments: